500g Connemara Smokehouse Wild Smoked Salmon (sliced)
75g / 1/3 Cup Goats Curd
75g / 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
240g / 1 1/2 Cups of Strawberries
100g / 1 Cup of Fennel Tips (If you don’t like fennel you can use basil)
Zest of 1/3 of a lemon
1 Tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 Tbsp of Raspberry Vinegar
Olive Oil, Fennel Tips and Raspberry Vinegar to serve
To make the terrine:
1. Grease and line a terrine dish (I used a loaf tin) with cling wrap.
2. Line the bottom and sides (fair way up) with salmon.
3. Mix goats curd, sour cream and lemon zest and add a thin layer to the terrine (less is more – you don’t want it to be overpowering).
4. Slice the strawberries and mix with the vinegar and add a layer of them and fennel tips to the terrine plus a good hit of black pepper.
5. Add some more of the sour cream mix then another layer of salmon.
6. Now repeat, sour cream, strawberries, fennel, pepper, then sour cream and a layer of salmon.
7. Now fold over the sides of salmon onto the final layer then wrap with the lined cling film.
8. Weigh down with some weights and refrigerate for 24hrs.
9. To serve finish with olive oil and some more vinegar and serve with rye toast.