- Quiche pastry 8oz plain flour
- 4oz butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 8oz (500gm) our award winning smoked salmon
- 3 large eggs
- 12fl ozs cream (325ml) or 6 fl oz crean=m and 6 fl oz milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 10in (25.5cm) quiche or flan tin (preferably metal) with fluted edge and removable base.
Smoked Salmon Quiche
- Beat eggs well and slice butter into thin slices and mix into eggs.
- Add flour gradually working it into a thick paste.
- Roll out to size of flan dish and line dish, pressing pastry firmly into tin.
- Cover bottom of pastry lined flan dish with thin slices of smoked salmon (using about half the fish) and leave in the fridge for about fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling
- Chop the remainder of the salmon into small pieces
- Add to beaten eggs
- Add cream (or milk and cream), chopped parsley and lemon juice
- Pour into pastry lined tin and bake in a hot oven (200 deg C/Gas 6) for 25 – 30 minutes until quiche is set in the centre and has turned golden brown and looks puffy
Verdict: Simply delicious..