Makes 12-16 blinis
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup milk n 40g melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- Oil or melted butter for cooking
For the cream:
1 Cup Crème Fraîche or Sour Cream
Finely diced flesh of a truly ripe mango
1 jalapeño pepper, roasted, skinned, seeded and finely diced
2 tbsp finely diced red onion
200g Connemara Smokehouse Organic Smoked Salmon
1. Combine the ingredients for the mango-jalapeño cream in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together of the milk, eggs then whisk into flour mixture. Mix until you have a smooth batter, adding the remaining milk according to need, and set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat, and melt a little butter in it. Working in batches, drop the batter by spoonfuls to make 3-inch pancakes. Cook until light brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. (They’re ready to flip when the little bubbles that form on the top start opening.)
4. Assemble three layers of blini-cream-smoked salmon, with a final dab of cream on top, and garnish with sprig parsley.