45min Serves 3
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chevre (goat cheese)
- ¼ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3-8” (20cm) flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 oz. Connemara Smokehouse organic smoked salmon, cut into strips
- Cut the pepper into thirds and remove the seeds. Place cut-side down on cookie sheet. Broil until skins are blackened and puffed. Put peppers in a covered casserole and let stand for 10 minutes to steam. Peel and cut into strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the goat cheese and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Spread one-third of the mixture over half of each of the tortilla.
- Divide the pepper strips evenly over the 3 halves of the tortillas. Layer the avocado slices over the pepper strips and top with the finely diced red onions.
- Divide the organic smoked salmon evenly on the tortilla halves. Fold the tortillas over, pressing to seal.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brown the folded tortillas until the cheese melts. Turn it over and brown the other side.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve immediately.