- 4 Large Baking potatoes
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Large slices smoked salmon
- 1 Cup Creme Fraiche
- Bunch of chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Lemon
- Wash ad peel the potatoes
- Grate the potatoes on a hand grater
- Place all the grated potatoes into a tea towel and squeeze any of the moisture out of them. This make take some time and make sure to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place the potato mixture into a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil up in a frying pan to a medium temperature. Add the potato (use a ring to get a round shape or pat into a round patty shape using your hands) and cook for 2 minutes.
- When the potato is starting to go golden brown flip it over and add the butter to the pan. Cook for a further 1 minute until golden brown on both sides.
- repeat the process with all the rosti and place into the oven for 10 minutes at 180C/360F on an oven tray or dish.
- Add the creme fraiche, juice of the lemon and a generous amount of black pepper to a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Remove the rosti from the oven and place on to a plate. Add a couple of slices of smoked salmon on to each one and fish with a spoonful of the creme fraiche.
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serves: 4