* Note: Prep the chips first as the salmon will not take as long to cook!
3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 Tbs. chopped fresh marjoram or oregano or
1/2 tsp. dried
3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for oiling paper
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
6 salmon darnes from Connemara Smokehouse, Irish Wild/Organic
Preheat an oven to 230°C.
In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, shallots, marjoram, lemon juice, the 2 Tbs. olive oil, salt and pepper.
Rinse the fish and pat dry. Cut 6 sheets of parchment about 12 inches square. Fold each sheet in half, open like a book and brush the paper to one side of the crease with olive oil. Place a fillet on each oiled side. Spoon the tomato mixture over the fish, dividing it evenly.
Fold the parchment paper over the fish. Tightly seal each package by folding the edges over several times and creasing firmly. Place the packages on 2 baking sheets.
Bake until the salmon is opaque throughout, about 15 minutes at approx. 190°C. To check for doneness, open a package and pierce the fish with a knife.
Slide the packages onto individual plates and allow the diners to open their own packages.
The steam that forms inside the paper envelope infuses the fish with the flavor of the seasonings and keeps it moist and tender. You could serve your guests the unopened packets and let them unwrap them at the table, releasing the fragrant steam.
4 large potatoes weighing about 200-250g each
5-6 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp rosemary leaves
3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC
2. Halve the potatoes then cut each half into six or seven chunky chips. Place them in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for three to four minutes then drain in a colander.
3. Heat the olive oil in a roasting tray in the oven then add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary, season and roast for about 45 minutes, turning them a couple times during cooking, or until the potatoes are crisp and cooked through.
4. Scatter over the parmesan and return to the oven for about 10 -12 minutes.