We had an Australian film crew over during the year (2006). Multi-Award-Winning broadcaster, author & presenter of all things gastronomic Lynda Milan visited the Connemara Smokehouse and was filmed to be aired on Fresh TV, when they got home rustling up a fine Smoked Salmon Salad!
Serves 2, Cooking time: Less than 30 minutes
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed and separated
- 200g cooked king prawns, peeled with tails intact
- 200g Connemara Smoked salmon
- 4 pieces lean prosciutto cooked until crisp
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 organic eggs softly boiled, peeled
- 20g shaved Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small clove crushed garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets smashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or organic maple syrup
- 200g natural yoghurt with live cultures
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Arrange cos lettuce in large serving bowls then top with prawns, smoked salmon, prosciutto and cherry tomatoes. Top with a halved boiled egg and garnish with parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve the salad with 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing drizzled over the top.