- 8 oz soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 30 thin slices French-bread baguette
- 12 oz Connemara Smokehouse sliced smoked salmon
- Thinly peeled lemon peel strips from one lemon, cut into tiny slivers
1 Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Mix first goat cheese, herbs, lemon zest, and black pepper in a small bowl to blend. Set aside. (The cheese mixture can be mixed a couple of days ahead of time.)
2 Brush oil over both sides of bread. Arrange bread in single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake until bread is just crisp, about 5 minutes on each side. (You can prepare the toasts a couple hours in advance.)
3 Spread cheese mixture over toasts. Top with salmon, to fit. Garnish with lemon peel strips.
Arrange on platter and serve.